Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 7 December 2012

I love Christmas.

I love it so much.
Santa's little helpers.
I love the sights, the smells, the tastes, the sounds! I love it all.

Every one seems happier, lighter. Things don't seem to matter as much. Yesterday we got a flat tyre, it was $150 we really didn't need to spend right now.
Instead of dwelling we made an after noon of it. We got after noon tea at Harry's cafe de wheels, and I tried my first ever pie and peas YUM!
We drove home without a word of complaint, we just did it. It was actually a really nice afternoon.

I don't know if over Christmas I walk around with red and green tinted glasses but everyone around me seems nicer. Maybe I just feel better. I don't know what it is, but I love Christmas.

Each year I try to create gifts myself, I try to make it with my own hands. A few years this has fallen flat so I'm only making them for James and Oliver.
All my Christmas shopping is done, and those I love are just getting a little something so they know that we are thinking of them, missing them, over the Christmas season.
I hate the retail side of Christmas, I used to work retail over Christmas and it was awful. Everyone was stressed, the staff and customers; horrible. So I try to get all the shopping out of the way ASAP. This was completed on Monday. Yay.
Today I sewed together one if my gifts, tonight I will do the other. They are not perfect, the zips are rubbish, but they are made with all of the love in my heart.

Isn't that what Christmas is all about? It is for me.

It makes me so sad when I see how stressed out some people are because they can't afford gifts. That's not what Christmas should be about, but too often it is.
I heard that over Christmas the demand on hospital beds in health care units goes way up. People realise how alone they are and it too often sends them into a depressive state. I'm sure the financial side comes into play as well. It's a tough time for some people and that downright sucks, it really shouldn't be.

To me Christmas is about spending time with those you love, about relaxing, about doing what you want; when you want; as you want.

For the past few years we have drowned in love, actually drowned. We rushed from A to B to C and the day was spent saying hello, eating, goodbye, and wishing we could stay longer. Never enough time.
It was hard on our families, hard on us, and especially hard on Oliver. I want him to love Christmas as much as I do, not remember it as a whirlwind of faces and car trips.
This year we are staying home, our home. No rushing, no hellos, no goodbyes. I feel a little bit sad, but mostly excited to do what I want; when I want; as I want.
I have practiced my sticky date pudding, I have purchased our meats and I have researched the best way to cook potatoes. The bon-bons lie in wait, our table is decorated, I even purchased Christmas plates.
To say I'm excited might be an understatement.

I love Christmas, it really is my favourite time of year. The season has truly begun. Tomorrow our family is heading along to our local carols along with that of my best friends. Thursday night we have James' Christmas party and then he starts his long awaited and well deserved SIX WEEKS of holidays. We won't even know what to do with ourselves. I will still be surrounded by so much love, maybe not as many people but just as much love.

I hope everyone can enjoy as Christmas as much as us. It truly is a magical time of year and we should all bask in its glory.

Merry Christmas everybody. I hope you've all got as many warm fuzzies as me.

Love Mama J
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment