Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Twenty five years.

My mother, brother, sister, father and I on my wedding day. 

Dearest Mum and Dad,

This day twenty five years ago I was just a little bean in your belly, but I was still there, it still counts. I may not have had a seat at the table or a partner on the dance floor but I was there. I may not have been your flower girl, but I got to walk down the aisle in Mum's tummy. Lucky me.

This day twenty five years ago you woke up already a family, my older sister would have woken you demanding play time I'm sure. By the time you went to bed this day you had been pronounced husband and wife, it was official. Much like James and I on our wedding day, it was a formality but it's also a celebration of the love you have and the family you had built, and continued to build.

I know there have been good days and bad days, but that's what marriage is about. I know this because of you. Sometimes I think the saying, "bickering like an old married couple" was said about you. But with every bad day, there have been a hundred good.

I remember when we used to drive interstate to visit Mum's family. Dad would drive the whole way, and between the five of us we'd stop to go to the bathroom at least every hour. Dad would complain every time, then Mum would be the voice of reason, and then dad would always buy us an ice cream or a drink causing us to need to go to the bathroom in an hours time. This is one of my favourite memories.

I remember when we would have a good thing happen and we would all do the happy dance, water fights at the factory, and big loud family meals. I had such a great childhood, and a lot of that is to do with the strong relationship you have built together.

I know that you are amongst the proudest parents around and your grandchild is your greatest achievement (along with the three of us). And we are so proud of the two of you, what you have built and re-built again. You always stand up strong and you always come together in the end even if the path there might be a windy one. You are two people to be admired and I am so proud to call you my parents.

I could say on this day twenty five years ago it all began, but as a parent now I know that it really began nearly 27 years ago when my sister was born. You were parents before you were husband and wife, but you were always a family.

Happy silver wedding anniversary.

Love always,
Your Cassandra, James, Oliver and Panda J xx



1 comment:

  1. I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting!
    Carry on the excellent works guys I have
    incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my web site :
    )
    Feel free to visit my blog post : Cooking Games

    ReplyDelete